Thursday, August 18, 2016

Starting Devblog what is the game?

Welcome to DevBlog #1 :

First off thank you everybody whos reading this devblog I appreciate your opinions on what you currently think about my game.  First off many of you may wonder what this game is I'm talking about, well I'll tell you what game I'm talking about.  This game is currently an indie game that is under development by me, myself, and I.  The game I'm working on is going to be a management/simulation/randomly generated/heist/rpg/pixel art game.  That's a lot of tags isn't it?

Classes

There are 6 classes in the game currently and that's all I plan on adding into the game.  Here's a screenshot to better explain these classes.

The last 2 classes are hacker and leader each class can be unlocked after completing the game.

Crews

One of the main features I've worked on in the game are crews each with there own stats and emblem. The plan is to make these crews randomly generated to add some replay ability to the game so that your not always stuck with the same crews.  Each crew also has a trust bar that will move based on how loyal you are to the crew.  Each crew will also be hiring one of the five classes excluding leader, you can only apply to a crew if they are searching for your class, each class.

Heres a gif to give you an idea of what this all means.
Quality of picture does not represent what it looks like in game, and most sprites are placeholders!

Each crew also has a power bar which will determine each of the crew members overalls, and also each crew member has a avatar which will show which class they are.  You cannot join some of the higher ranked crews until you level up to a certain level, also crews will randomly level up later on in the game to make the world seem a bit more life like.

Stats

Currently I have a fully working stats system, I don't know if I should add a stat cap so early players can't be a god in stealth and not be caught or if I should make it so that the higher you get into one skill the more time it takes to train yourself, discouraging players to be a god in one skill.
I'm planning on making the character name go to the right of the skill points.

And heres the help page incase you don't know what all the skills do...once again only a place holder.

Heists

Currently I don't have much to show for heists all I have is the planning stage worked out which will have crew members randomly vote on different entry points to each heist. I also have the main heist system planned out, I will post this in one of my other devblogs when I get around to actually getting something to show.

Other WIP Items

I do have plans for much more than what is listed here, including time, a shop, business management, random events, rare items, crew betrayal, a hidden karma system, achievements, other jobs, and crew management, heist voting, and a ton of other ones I have written in my notebook but am too lazy to get out right now, that's it for this starting devblog. i'll post another one in about two weeks time because I'm going on vacation next week so there won't be much to show, but maybe I could showcase some of what I have done in the heist planning system.

1 comment:

  1. The owner forced to read this devblog. I was sitting in my chair and then he came through my window with a gun to my head. He said read this to all of my buddies or i will shoot with my gun, and you will get ban from my teamspeak server. That really scared me so I read the devblog. After reading this devblog he still ban me. But he has recruited me to help with his devblog and help develop the game. So far this game doesn't have much but I promise you that we will make more. Over all sounds like a good game.

    Thanks for reading,
    Aidan&Josh gamez

    ReplyDelete