Tuesday, August 23, 2016

DevBlog #2 Heist Planning

DevBlog #2 | Heist Planning :


Planning Stage


Each heist starts off with a planning stage that takes 3 weeks to reach after a heist has been decided upon.  In the planning stage you can "vote" for one of 4 entry points.  2 of which are unlockable after beating the heist once(flashy), and twice(pro)
Buttons will be invisible when done, like the other systems.

The Checkmarks also light up depending on how many people have voted for it.
Only loud and stealth because I haven't beaten the heist yet


AI Voting


I made it so your crew members will now vote for a entry type, depending on which entry point you have unlocked.  I also made it biased towards the pro entry point just because that's the one most players will want to do if given the chance,  I didn't want the AI to do one of the worse entry point types when pro was available.  To be more clear and precise when you've done a heist at least 2 times the AI will have a 40% bias towards the pro entry point vs the 20% of the three other entry points, stealth, loud, and flashy.
The Button initializes voting for the AI
From that gif you might have seen that it has skipped the Infiltrator avatar, that's because I'm playing as the infiltrator, of course these avatars are concept art and you'll have your own avatar eventually.
Yes, your avatar get a voted mark when you vote
Now, from this gif you may have also noticed something if you have a keen eye.  I voted for the "Loud" entry point but was given a "Stealth" entry point, this is because votes were split 50/50, so the game chose 50/50.  Later on I plan on adding a animation of something to make this more exciting and thrilling, a coin flip for example or something like the cs go case opening animation.


Positioning


It was a hard decision on where to position everything in the planning screen and I don't know if I'm quite happy with it just yet, but i'm sure i'll experiment with it later.  The scaling was also a problem for me, as I didn't know how big some elements should be for example the title at the top right, I like it small but I feel like it needs to be a bit bigger.


Future and current WIP Items


After I get back from vacation I will be working on polishing up the planning stage so there might not be much to show next week considering ill have a few days to work on my game when I get back.
What I really want to get working on though is the actually heist system itself, I have some great plans for it and can't wait to share them.  Also if you haven't already make sure to vote on this straw poll so I know when to release these devblogs. None of this art is final keep that in mind.  click me to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment